Posted in: In this week's e-newsletter, Latest News & Views, Security
A secure browser is often the first line of defense for a company’s network security. Here are some tools that can help find and fix security holes.
From Tech Republic, these websites offer tools for browser security testing:
- Browserscope – Tests security as well as many other browser features.
- BrowserSPY.dk — Doesn’t offer fixes, but will let you know how much information someone can find out about you when you visit a website.
- PC Flank – Uses several tests to judge a computer’s overall security regarding online threats.
- Qualys BrowserCheck – Install a plug-in to search for vulnerabilities in the browser, its extensions and related applications.
- Scanit Browser Security Check – Tests browsers for 19 different vulnerabilities.